Solve Err_Connection_Closed Error With Ease By 4 Smart Tools
The infamous Err_Connection_Closed error is a frequent one for any user. It happens due to improper configuration of your network devices. Like any other internet error, this one too leads to blockage of certain specific websites; you are willing to browse.
But the good news is, this error code is not a very serious one and can be defeated by following some very easy steps.
So let us guide you through the A to Zs of Err_Connection_Closed error.
What Does Err_Connection_Closed Error Mean?
When you search something on Google Chrome, your computer goes to the server of that particular website, to ask for the information you have asked for. And when the Err_Connection_Closed error happens, your computer does not get the necessary data from that website’s server, and as a result, your PC is unable to show you any valid result. Hence they end up showing the Err_Connection_Closed error message on your screen.
This might be a simple explanation, but you should also know about some not-so-simple facts behind this annoying error. Which are:
- Err_Connection_Closed error happens because of obsolete cache
- Due to outdated DNS cache
- And as I already said, due to invalid DNS settings
How To Fix Err_Connection_Closed Error?
The solution to this error lies in the problems itself. As you have read already that this error mainly happens due to Browser cache, DNS cache, and inappropriate network settings, naturally the solutions would revolve around clearing the outdated cache and adjusting the DNS settings.
So, read on for more elaborations.
By Clearing Browser Cache
I have mentioned in my previous articles that, clearing the browser cache is always a good way out. So, whether you face an internet error or not, you should always learn this method.
- First, go to Google Chrome and click on the Customize and Control button, in the top right corner of your Chrome browser.
- Click on Settings there and in the new tab scroll down to find Advanced Settings.
- There you will have to check the boxes next to Cached Images and Files and Cookies and Other Site Data. Now just click on Clear Browsing Data. Finally, all the cache and cookies will be removed. 02of 4
By Using Command Prompt
In this method, we will use Command Prompt to renew the IP settings and to adjust the DNS settings. Let’s see how.
- Go to Start menu and type “cmd” in the search box and then press Enter. The Command Prompt window will be opened.
- Here type the code: netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- If the problem is solved already, then well and good. But if not, then you’ll have to take the pain of typing some more codes. Don’t forget to press Enter after each line. The codes are:
now just reboot your PC, and expectantly the issue is resolved.
By Changing DNS Settings
This is another method which could give you fruitful results. Let’s see how this method can help you to overcome the Err_Connection_Closed error.
- Right-click on the Network icon on your PC and then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now keep on clicking the following: Your Local Network Connection->Properties-> IPv4->Properties.
- Now you have landed on a tab named Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties. Here all you have to do is to select Use The Following DNS Server Addresses and then put the following values:
Preferred DNS Server-184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server-220.127.116.11
Finally, check the box beside Validate Settings Upon Exit and click OK.
By Resetting Google Chrome Browser
Sometimes, just resetting your Chrome browser also fixes the whole Err_Connection_Closed error. Learn how.
- Open Google Chrome and select the Chrome menu at the top right corner.
- Then click on Settings and Advanced Settings respectively.
- Now scroll down to the last option named Reset. Click on that, and your Chrome Browser will be reset.
Also make sure that your Google Chrome Browser is up-to-date. As an old version of Chrome might also cause the Err_Connection_Closed error.
These are the probable methods of solving the Err_Connection_Closed issue. Try them as they are very easy to approach.
Hope you find these articles helpful and you succeed to overthrow this error named Err_Connection_Closed.