Tips & Ticks to Show Hidden Files in Windows 10
Privacy is the first thing for every person. It becomes more important for your files and folders on your computer that contain some of your personal photos, video, document, and many other things you’re concerned about. So, all the people used to hide their personal files on their device to keep them secret from the third-party peeping eyes. But he/she has the right to find them at the right time when they badly need the document. Now the question arises how to show hidden files in windows 10?
In order to prevent you from deleting some important system files, Microsoft Windows set a default setting in all of their modern versions. And definitely, there exists a plenty of reasons to show them out. You also have some need to hide and show some of your personal files as per your choice. Using Windows 10 makes it quite easy to hide any file content and it’s also very easy to show them all. It’s the kind of basic technical knowledge that every individual should possess in their tool belt.
Concealing your files and documents is one thing, but it goes beyond troublesome when you try to find or delete some of your files to make some free space on your HardDisk drive. Its quite difficult to unhide them all respective to the settings, administration, and access to the device`s windows main control panel. Here I am going to tell you some tips how to show hidden files in windows 10. Let’s jump on to the topic.
How to Show Hidden Files in Windows 10: Tips and Tricks
I am going to tell you three different processes, one for the fresh window user and the other is for the advanced geek. Let’s start,
Method 1 – Using File Explorer
You have to follow the steps,
- Press the Start button
- Select “File Explorer”
- Go to the “View” tab on the quick access ToolBar
- Check the “Hidden items” to make sure if there exists anything to detect
- Check the “Show/Hide” section of the Drop-down Menu.
- It’s finished, you also can do the same for the file extension if you want to see those file in JPG, INI, EXE, BAK, and so on.
Method 2 – Using the Control Panel
If you have some idea about Windows Operating System or if you are fashioned about your system, then you may use the Control Panel to unhide a file effortlessly. This access is not available in Windows like File Explorer, so you have to search for “Control Panel” into the Cortana search engine placed on the taskbar. Here follow the steps,
- Go to the Cortana and search for the “Control Panel”
- Go to “Appearance and Personalization” listed in the right column of the opening window,
- Select “File Explorer Option”
- Click on the “View” option
- Scroll down to the “Hidden Files and Folders”
- Select “Show hidden files, folders and drives”
- Apply and press “ok” to finish. Thus you can show hidden files in Windows 10 successfully.
Method 3 –Using Registry
- Pres Windows Key +R to bring the “Run” dialog box
- Type “regedit” and press enter
- Navigate to the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”
- Select Software
- Go to Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance
- Set a value  to Hidden option to show the hide files and set a value  to not to show the hidden files.
- You can also unhide some system hidden directories simply by setting a value  to “ShowSuperHidden”. Set a value  not to show the protected operating system files.
How to open a Hidden file/folder temporarily
Now if you want to open or show one of your hidden files/folder just for a single time and not to expose it to the others then you can follow this steps to open it temporarily.
- Open File Explorer/ Windows Explorer
- Type %foldername% into the address bar and press the Enter
- For an example, you can open XYZ folder by simply type %XYZ% into the Taskbar and hit the Enter
- You are now able to open the hidden folder/file for once.
So, Hide/Show everything in everywhere you want simply using any of the above tricks, keep your personal file and folder safe from every peeping eyes, stay tuned on Layerpoint, feel free to suggest any new trick and tip related to Windows 10.